Appliances are great until they stop working, and then they become frustrating gadgets that you want to curse into oblivion. Of course, you can just have it fixed instead of buying a new one. But that leads to one question: who’s going to fix that appliance? You can always use Google to find websites for various appliance repair services, but there are lots of them to choose from. So how do you pick one?
What you need to do is to find their websites to get info on the various options. Forget about the so-called experts who don’t have websites, as they’re basically amateurs. The pros have websites that you can check out.
Here are some questions you need to ask so you can make your pick:
1. Do they specialize on the kind of appliance you need to fix? The fact of the matter is that many of these companies tend to focus on particular appliances only. For example, they may have the expertise when it comes to fixing TVs, refrigerators, and air conditioners. But can they handle smart gadgets? What if you need to have your espresso machine fixed? There are many different types of appliances, and you need to know that they can fix the kind of gadget you have.
2. How long have they been operating? What you need are experts with plenty of experience fixing the kind of broken appliance you have. What you don’t need is some newbie who has never fixed anything like your appliance. So if you have a broken smart appliance, you need to check that the 20-year veteran actually has some experience with the smart appliance you need fixed.
3. Are they licensed and insured? Check for documentation. The real appliance repair professionals are proud that they’re licensed, and they will be willing to show you proof. In addition, they can show their insurance documentation as well, as this can protect you if anything goes wrong and somehow the worker gets injured while fixing your refrigerator. Try to verify the info, such as calling the insurance company to confirm the insurance.
4. What’s the warranty? When you buy an appliance, often it comes with a warranty. The same goes when you get an appliance fixed. You need a warranty period, and during this period if something goes wrong with that appliance again the repair expert has to fix things for free. It’s a mark of a repair expert’s confidence in the quality of their work if they can offer a very long warranty. Don’t trust repair experts who don’t offer warranties on their repairs, as there is a very good chance that the appliance will break down again in the very near future.
5. What will it cost you? Every responsible consumer checks the prices, and you need to do this as well. After all, if the price is too high then it may be better for you in the long run to just buy a new (and perhaps better) replacement for your broken appliance.
So ask for quotes from several repair services so you get a fair idea of how much it will cost you. Make sure that when you do finally pick one, you have a written contract regarding the cost. This keeps the repair expert from somehow discovering more problems or unforeseen details that may increase the cost of the repairs. Costs must be transparent and stated right at the start.
By getting the answers to these questions, you can get a better idea of which appliance repair service is best for your needs.